Nayuki_Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a proofreader?

4 posters

Go down

Need a proofreader? Empty Need a proofreader?

Post by kageKun Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 am

Hello. I'm a fan of your Fortune Arterial manga and I see that you're recruiting proofreaders in chapter 14.

I'm highly proficient in English and I'm familiar with suffixes (-san,-chan,-kun, etc) some Japanese culture and loves anime and manga!

I would like to give back to the otaku community so please give me a try if there any positions available! Any series would be fine!
kageKun
kageKun
New-tier
New-tier

Back to top Go down

Need a proofreader? Empty Re: Need a proofreader?

Post by PimpToad Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:24 am

Why the hell am I still awake? scratch

Anyway the fact that you mentioned that you want to give back to the community has me sold. Since we don't exactly have any tests to offer you (no one here wants to make one), you'll be put to work proofreading our latest releases. Our only active project right now is FoA (FA is out unless Shin decides to use his translator no jutsu again) so the load is pretty light. Most of our releases occur during the weekends so you'll need to be available during Saturday-ish so you can proof the script on the scans. Of course you can proof the translation as they come, but we have a rather convoluted system for it I came up off the top of my head and can't be assed to write it down so uhhh I'll get back to you on that?

Anyway since we like to maintain the illusion of democracy here, I'll have one of the other members give you the access. Which is vineh so he actually uses his admin powers for something Razz

Edit: I forgot that I opened the translator/editor/proofreader usergroups so you can request access for the proofreader group and either a current proofreader or an admin can get you access.

Edit2: Whoops turns out only the group moderator can do it and that's jonjon; who is probably off galavanting somewhere...
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vin-nii Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Silly Toad, I got myself upgraded to the shadow admin a while back Razz

Welcome aboard, Kage. I suppose now our translation will be even better Smile

When you're proofreading, do you think you can come up with some alternatives for the overused expressions for me? I would like to have a couple of alternatives for words like "Hai" (Yes), "itai" (ouch) "Gah" (in shock) etc up my sleeve. Also how are you with idioms?

if you're gonna say you're highly proficent in English I'm gonna milk you for all ya worth *evil grin*
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Post by kageKun Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes! Thank you for accepting me. I promise maximum efficiency and I won't let any of you down!

Please show me the ropes like how to receive new chapters and how to put in my modifications.

I'll learn quickly and hope to get along with my sempais!

Depends on which culture. I'm fairly familiar with English Idioms but Japanese not so much.

If you wanna adapt English idioms into Japanese ones, I'll do my best.

Last edited by kageKun on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kageKun
kageKun
New-tier
New-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky0341 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:57 pm

well, i'm pretty new too but i will try to help a little

how to get: visti the workroom links will be given

how to modificat: we now have a cool system of crossing out Very Happy just read through the posts of FoA 16
blacky0341
blacky0341
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpToad Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Well you guys seem to catch on fast...that is everyone here is pretty much lazy and you gotta do it yourself or find the random obscure post to get things done around here Razz

Anyway if you need help, I pretty much pop up every now and then so just start a topic or something and someone should be able to get back to you...soon?
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down