Nayuki_Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid: Other M(eh)

2 posters

Go down

Metroid: Other M(eh) Empty Metroid: Other M(eh)

Post by vin-nii Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Just finished Metroid: Other M in just over 10 hrs.

The gameplay (or should I say, how well they incorporated the Wiimote elements) is pretty good but the difficulty setting is like trying to annaliate an anthill with a bazooka. Ridley (roughly the 4th last boss) was a lot harder than the final and secret boss. The auto-targeting is so sensitive that there's not need for manual aim and the nuke (in the form of a AOE power bomb) can be used indefinitely with a extremely short cooldown.

The awesomeness scenery of the game is serval levels under its GC ancestors and the rendering and texture detail is at a PS2 level. The dialouge is cheesy with heavy infulence from Bella of Twilight. The story is easily predicted yet full of holes at the same time.

Would have been a good game if it was on the PS2. but as a game of a 3rd-gen console? A downright lazy attempt to milk off a mascot character.

but heck, the Samus in the Movie CG is quite a sight
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Metroid: Other M(eh) Empty Re: Metroid: Other M(eh)

Post by PimpToad Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:59 am

So other than the CG scenes...subpar game? I'm surprised Nintendo would allow such a mockery of the vaunted Metroid series given the outstanding performance of the 'Prime" series, but hey new dev team on it?

Maybe that's why they call it other M? Razz
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vin-nii Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:37 am

Other metorid I suppose?

I think the main purpose of this game is to sort of finalize the metorid saga and linking the various timelines together. This time around, Adam (samus' foster father) and Samus herself were given a more distinct personality, which would've been awesome if it didn't destroy mu 'more than Charlie's Angels but not quite Bayonetta' image of Ms. Aran. The plot was kinda all over the place within a crudely small world map of subpar scenery.

Well, perhaps the Prime series is exactly what it says it is; the Prime of the series. Maybe I would feel better about it if I can stop compairing the two games. But if we look at Zelda: Twillight Princess which came out as the first batch of Wii games and compare it to this?
Zelda graphics is superior despite being a fair bit older than its galatic counterpart.

would I go as far as calling it a mockery? Yes. First is the poor quality of the graphics and poor dialouge (or should I say, poor translation). Second is the silly assumption that the wiimote makes the game so hard to play that all enemies needs to be dumbed down. I mean, to beat the final boss first try without struggling at all is just plain sad.
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum