Nayuki_Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lamentation or Progression?

3 posters

Go down

Lamentation or Progression? Empty Lamentation or Progression?

Post by PimpToad Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:40 am

As some of you may know, I was embarking on a quest to encrypt my entire external hard drive. Now the smart thing to do would have been to backup every file in that external so that in case something bad happens...well hey you have a backup. Though alas...everything in hindsight is always greener and such a thing did not come to pass. So now every single piece of data in that external drive is gone...even the one single archive that I could and should have made multiple redundant copies of. Now all the other files in that drive were expendable and replaceable (though granted I forgot what I've even put in that drive since I've had it for years now), all except that single archive.

Now my question is whether such an occurrence is actually a good thing. This specific archive I'm mentioning (encrypted to hell and probably why it was unrecoverable in comparison to other archives of similar size) given the fact that I was supposed to have deleted this archive a long time ago. In fact the possession of this archive in question is a travesty to my word as a man and as a human being. The fact that I've probably lost it permanently for all eternity is good for my dignity and my very definition as a decent human being...but my desire to recover and have this archive repaired (even against all odds and convention) are pretty strong to the point where I'm considering dedicating quite a bit of time and effort into fixing it...hopeless or not.

Letting it go will provide me with a clear conscience, but my desire to keep it overrides such things. Should I consider such an 'unfortunate' event a blessing or a curse? The choice has been wrestled from my hands by circumstances I myself have put in place so I suppose it can be both?
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lamentation or Progression? Empty Re: Lamentation or Progression?

Post by vin-nii Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:59 am

I suppose you should try to quit now that it's gone. Go out and play some football or baseball or w/e you Americans do and enjoy some normal human activity. Must you once again cross over to the dark side I have eight words for ya

"out with the old; in with the new"

Still, funny how that's the ONLY important folder in the whole HD. Probs a sign from the big man himself?
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellence Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 am

Can we get a status update on the project, they are moving awfully slowly >.>
Excellence
Excellence
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by vin-nii Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 am

run along to the roster, I've put the status update in the first post (which will be updated timely-ish).

revealing our operations in a guest-allowed thread, so daring Wink
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum