Nayuki_Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading)

5 posters

Go down

I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading) Empty I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading)

Post by xXMagnusXx Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:11 am

Well I'm kind of new to scanlations groups. Even so i think i could be useful in this group. I`m profficient in english (i guess) and got a CAE (Certificate in Advanced English from Cambridge University or something like that Rolling Eyes ) diploma about 1 year ago. I recently was able to read Fortune Arterial and was pretty much overwhelmed by it... I'd love to help in anything if it can at least speed up the process even a little bit. Well i'd love to hear about you and am awaiting your next release Smile
xXMagnusXx
xXMagnusXx
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading) Empty Re: I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading)

Post by vin-nii Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 am

Woot new proofreader!

Welcome to Nayuki Love. Here, proofreaders do proofreading for all the projects so you will have a chance to be part of Fortune Arterial (FoA for short) among other projects that should start up once we get things up and running.

Your ability to proofread will be tested once the translation/ ediiting is finished for one of the projects. Proofreaders have to proofread both the raw script (practically a wall of text) for grammar, puntuation, consistency (such as names, flashbacks from previous chapters etc) and the draft (once the script is committed to the manga scans) for edit checks like cleaning and typesetting errors and a final check of the script to make sure the editors typed it in correctly.

For now, I'll give you a rank up so you can check out how we operate and all. If you have any questions just direct them back to this thread.

vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading) Empty Re: I'd like to offer some help :D (proofreading)

Post by Excellence Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:21 am

once i am done with chapter 20 lol, sorry a little busy this week
Excellence
Excellence
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpToad Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:24 am

Vineh's so manly when he's taking charge~

Well you are obviously more than qualified to take the position, but I'm interested in your capacity to "hang out" so to speak. Can you only intermittently pop up every now and then or will we be able to find you idling around IRC and generally easy to get a hold of? I hope it's the latter so we can finally have a proofread lead to whip the proofreading division into shape Razz
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xXMagnusXx Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 am

Well right now i'm in my first year of med school so i have plenty of free time Smile ... I tend to be everyday on my pc after my lectures have finished so i guess getting a hold of me would be kind of easy. Dunno where you all people are from but maybe the time shifts could be a problem though. I was reading yesterday the introduction thread and found out that there are some people who live in NL which has the same time shift as DE so i guess it wont't be a problem. Also i would like to thank you for trusting me and i'm glad that i can be helpful to you
xXMagnusXx
xXMagnusXx
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by vin-nii Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 am

Had something going on for forgot to rank you up Razz

doing it now
vin-nii
vin-nii
Epic-tier
Epic-tier

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Vin-nii

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpToad Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Well we're all pretty much scattered throughout the globe, but forum PM's and whatnot should solve that issue. And anyway get yourself an irc client and join us in chat...I hear Excel is feeling lonely over there Razz

And welcome to the team! I suppose I'll leave proofreading FA to ya. Of course I'll still be supervising the overall release, but we won't be releasing FA chapters till you can proofread it. After the probationary period (lol), you'll be free to decide which projects you want to work on.

(though it would be nice if we could nag you to work on everything...) Razz
PimpToad
PimpToad
Lord of Pie

http://nayukilove.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by angelcat Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 pm

hi there! Smile that's a pretty nice diploma. xDD
angelcat
angelcat
Medium-tier
Medium-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by xXMagnusXx Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 pm

yeah also pretty hard to get xDD... i was like 2 points away from a B Y_Y
xXMagnusXx
xXMagnusXx
High-tier
High-tier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down